Author Topic: Is Simblee still being developed / supported  (Read 264 times)

chipmc

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Is Simblee still being developed / supported
« on: March 19, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
It seems like there has not been much progress since September 2016 on updating documentation, adding functionality or interacting on the forums. 

I have committed to Simblee for the commercial offering I am developing - is this a mistake?

Thanks,

Chip

mjkuwp94

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Is Simblee still being developed / supported
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 02:59:45 PM »
I recommend you try contacting the manufacturer or the new owner (Heptagon?  ams sensor solutions?).  Google it to see latest news.  Depending how commercial your product is I think it is best to stay away from any rapid prototype tools as a general rule.  I doubt they intended this but evidence suggests Simblee is done.

For compiler some options are GCC, Keil and IAR.  The Keil IDE is pretty easy to set up and so is Segger Embedded Studio.

For apps there are many options.  The last time I investigated this I briefly looked at Cordova and Ionic Framework.  I had some success with Evothings.  It should be noted that in this environment any technology or service can evaporate.

If you have a hardware design I would think the primary concern would be getting a proper quote and/or contract for purchasing the hardware.

RFD_Patty

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 10:01:23 AM »
Absolutely!

We've been busy -

Acquisition by ams AG annouced in January http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170124006198/en/ams-Announces-Completion-Transaction-Acquire-Heptagon-Related

Exhibiting at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona and CES earlier this year with our parent company Heptagon

We just launched our IoT 3D ToF Sensor kits (In stock in Digikey!) https://youtu.be/OYE-wJar49s

Working on a bunch more new kits and shields to the eco-system.   

The products are in full production and we are supporting customers who already have products on the market. 

Lots of exciting stuff and more to come.   Don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have questions. 

RFD_Patty

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »

...If you have a hardware design I would think the primary concern would be getting a proper quote and/or contract for purchasing the hardware.

We sell through our global authorized distributors - Arrow, Digikey, Mouser, Rutronik, Symmetry - Any of them can provide a quote, and most products are kept in stock. 

We are also happy to provide budgetary quotes on qualified projects direct, just contact us via the email on the Simblee or Rfduino web pages.   Just include the following information and we can turn a quote around quickly:

Company Name
Application
Estimated annual usage
Planed Production Date

chipmc

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
RFD_Patty,

Very happy to hear this.  I buy though Digikey and availability has not been an issue.  Was wondering if we can expect to see future development of the libraries and materials for developing Simblee Cloud applications.

Thanks,

Chip

RFD_Patty

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »
Hi Chip,

Lots of exciting things coming soon, including a library update.  We will post as soon as it's live.

Thanks for all the support!

Wayne

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 01:28:06 PM »
Any hints, maybe a tiny hint.. Itsy bitty one?

anything