Author Topic: Instructables - Quick Start from the FirstBuild Team  (Read 923 times)

RFD_Patty

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile

Alpha007

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Instructables - Quick Start from the FirstBuild Team
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 02:10:22 AM »
Hi,
Since latest Simblee libraries is available can someone let us know which Arduino IDE version would be better for programming Simblee? Also how to install Simblee inside the Arduino board manager?
Can someone also clarify how to connect Simblee with an Android app (not the usual Simblee for Mobile App) with custom UUID and characteristics?
How many years of support will be there for Simblee this is question is necessary since we are prototyping using Simblee?
And if we incorporate Simblee in our product do we need to pay any royalty?
Alpha007

Wayne

• RFduino Jr. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:01:37 AM »
For IDE, use the latest..  Arduino IDE
Follow the online or PDF instruction. Simblee.com or look up Sparkfun.com 
Special characters I don't understand.. But you could get an answer.
The product is new.. just a few years old and I'm sure it will last for sometime.  I think they have put some effort into the product to not to have it go away in a year or so. The RFDUINO is still here.
I'm in the mist of prototyping as well but has come to the point that we had to get outside engineers to help with my workload.
No royalties as far as I know.  The IDE and libs are for the product and are free.
Maybe the FCC ID might be needed to be somewhere. My product will not only be used in the US, but Canada, Europe, Australia and Japan off hand.  So we will be doing FDA and UL stuff.

People here will help you out greatly on the project you are doing.
I'm not the best programmer for Arduino, so I look here for help and from Simblee as well.

RFD_Patty

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
Alpha007-

Look at SimbleeBLE examples in the Arduino library for connecting with a traditional app.  Use the latest version of Arduino.   There is a quick start guide, and other documentation on  (https://www.simblee.com/support.html) and videos(www.youtube.com/simblee) to show you how to load the board manager.

Simblee is a new product, we expect it to be supported for many years to come.

There is no royalty for the off the shelf products.

Highly recommend checking out our youtube channe, many common questions are demonstrated in the videos.