Author Topic: failed to upload..  (Read 740 times)

whiwha

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
failed to upload..
« on: April 22, 2016, 01:29:05 AM »
Hello, I just tried to upload from arduino sketch to rfduino.
But I got

get

fail.......fail.......fail.......

Error. Compile is done and if I use other rfduino then it works fine. But one the rfduino doesn't work. Am I missing something?

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
Re: failed to upload..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:47:48 AM »
There are lots of comments through out the forum on ways to solve the fail..fail..fail. Hard to say which one is your situation without details. However, one idea...did  you have the serial monitor running when you unplugged your one unit to program the other unit. If you pull the USB programmer out and plug it back in while the Serial Monitor is running, your PC will assign it to a new COM port. Which Arduino won't be sending to until you select that new COM port. Best thing to do is close the Serial Monitor before plugging into the USB.

Also, it is a good idea to not plug modules into the USB programmer while it is powered up. That is one sure good way to eventually zap some semiconductors. Always pull the USB programmer from the PC before adding/removing shields. Same goes for battery shields. Make sure the battery shields are turned off before swapping shields.

anything