Author Topic: GZLL Function question  (Read 1498 times)

gbtjom

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
GZLL Function question
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »
OK, I've been through the program reference guide (v1.3) and a number of forum posts here and I seem to be missing something.  The program reference doesn't seem to be complete.  For example the following function:

RFduinoGZLL.sendToDevice();  in the program reference doesn't say whether it has any parameters.  However, a number of example programs in the forum seem to use it as such.  This makes me wonder what other details I might be missing.

Is there an updated reference manual somewhere?  If not, how else could one find this information?

Any help would be appreciated.

jom

gbtjom

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: GZLL Function question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:52:14 AM »
So there is nobody that has used some of the functions beyond what is mentioned in the programming reference?

I'd like to do more with the GZLL but I'm not sure how to expand on what the reference mentions.

Thanks for any help.

jom

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 11:02:40 AM »
You can figure out a lot about the protocol from Nordic Semiconductor documentation. Then snoop through the source code in the RFduino IDE to get an idea what RF Digital did to create their functions.

gbtjom

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:37:38 PM »
Thanks for that.

I did not know (for certain) what BT chip RFDuino was using.  So it is Nordic...very interesting.

Question: Where do I find this RFDuino IDE you speak of?  Do you mean the Arduio IDE?  Either way where do you for the source code?  Is that the code that comes specifically with the RFDuino library I added?  If so I think I can find it...

Thanks

jom

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 08:51:58 PM »
Nordic nRF51822 chip version 1 is in the RFduino. version 3 is in the Simblee. Basic info is here...
https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/documentation/nrf51/4.3.0/html/group__gzll__02__user__guide.html

Yes, the RFduino library you installed into Arduino IDE.

gbtjom

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 11:26:48 AM »
Excellent!

Thanks

jom