Author Topic: Adding Characteristics or additional Services  (Read 2838 times)

don

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Adding Characteristics or additional Services
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »
Can you provide direction on how Characteristics can be added to the RFduino 0x2220 service or how additional BLE services can be added to the RFduino?

I'd expect that the implementation of libRFduinoBLE shows what I need to do. Will you be making that source available?

I'm looking to send log files from the RFduino to a phone. If I send too much data in 12 byte chunks, a lot of data gets lost. Adding a delay between send works but makes the transfer intolerably slow. I think the answer is to add a blob Characteristic.

pedson

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Characteristics or additional Services
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
Can you provide direction on how Characteristics can be added to the RFduino 0x2220 service or how additional BLE services can be added to the RFduino?

I'd expect that the implementation of libRFduinoBLE shows what I need to do. Will you be making that source available?

I'd like to be able to customize this and have greater access to the BT stack as well.

pedson

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Characteristics or additional Services
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »
Did some digging and found the SDK for the Nordic chips is only available if you buy a dev kit.

If you are not or cannot ever release the source to libRFduinoBLE.a due to SDK constraints or whatever, and more of the BT functionality will not be opened up can you just mention it now so we can move on for applications that require greater control than is currently available?  Or perhaps let us know whether we can get the Nordic dev kit can create our own wrapper like  libRFduinoBLE.a to expose what need, i.e., is that what libRFduinoBLE.a is built on?

If it's not possible or not a priority to expose more that's fine, but it would be good to know where things stand.  Thanks!