Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Support / Re: RF signal activates Simblee.
« Last post by Wayne on November 13, 2017, 12:20:37 PM »
Ok, went to the place today and with a modified board for logic LOW to activate.  Worked like a charm.
But, we have no idea if the housing is causing an issue with ESD.  The older housing is printed ABS plastic and it passes ESD.
The new housing is from a new HP 3D printer which is Nylon. Nylon in itself an issue for static, so we ended up failing the ESD on the switches.
The switches are OTTO switches and IP68 ratings. But they ended up triggering the unit to send.  The shoulder are metal as well as the button.
Thinking that 1, Nylon could possibly play an issue with tracking the ESD pulse to the circuit board. Nylon does have some water in it I understand, nice conductor. ABS no water
2, I simply wire the outside metal to ground. 
We have used these same switches for years with no ESD issues.  So, we are thinking of printing another ABS housing and moving the components to it and seeing the Nylon is the culprit.

Oh, the trigger worked both + and - static charge.  No difference
Support / RF signal activates Simblee.
« Last post by Wayne on November 06, 2017, 10:20:48 AM »
Ok, we have failed a test on the Simblee.  The foot switch has 4 buttons other than a test.  2 buttons are a type of switch made by Otto switch (normally open) and 2 are magnetic reed switches.

The test house bombarded the foot switch with RF pulse signals from 385 Mhz to 5.785 Mhz.  The failing area was 704-787 with .2W @ .3m away, 800-960 Mhz @ 2W .3m away.

If the footswitch was facing the antenna with the Save button, it triggered, likewise if the mode was facing the antenna, it triggered.  They also flashed at the pulse rate.
The foot switch sitting horizontal withe the antenna horizontal this happens, if the antenna went vertical, no issues.

The Simblee input is like the boards you buy.  Pin goes high from Vcc to input. The GPIO are 5 and 6 (this board had 14 instead of 5). The inputs have 220 ohm in series to the pin with 10k
on the input side of the switch to ground. 
I'm thinking I might need to put some RF inductors/chokes on each pin used with some caps. Or get a ground plane around the pins.

This area is in the LTE Band 13, 17 and GSM 800/900, Tetra 800, IDEN 820, CDMA 850, and LTE band 5. All cell stuff.

The foot switch acts if the switch is closed, meaning some how RF on the input is making ~ 2 volts or more acting if the switch closed.
Maybe if I switch logic around and do a LOW instead of a HIGH input it might fix it..
Support / Re: GZZL + BLE
« Last post by tmsio on November 04, 2017, 06:09:09 AM »
Thank You Tolson, i imagine that.
I will try to turning off BLE i hope app don t lose connnection.

Regards.

Emiliano

Support / Re: Porting RFduino to Simblee
« Last post by tolson on November 03, 2017, 11:58:11 AM »
Yes, you can port RFduino sketches to Simblee. You do, of course, have to change the references to RFduino API to Simblee API, but everything you can do in RFduino you can do in Simblee. The reverse is not the case if you use advanced Simblee features.

I have some notes here...
https://thomasolson.com/PROJECTS/BLE/Simblee/
Support / Porting RFduino to Simblee
« Last post by weroflu on November 03, 2017, 10:23:25 AM »
This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but...

Is rdfduino code portable to simblee?
Support / Re: GZZL + BLE
« Last post by tolson on November 02, 2017, 03:57:21 PM »
There is an example under RFduinoGZLL with BLE. But the trick they are using is turning off BLE while you do GZLL and visa-versa. But, I think the problem arises that the phone looses the BLE connection when you turn off BLE on the RFduino.

Same trick to do it with Simblee. However...
What I want to do is connect to Simblee with Simblee for Mobile as the bridge to then communicate with my RFduino GZLL units using GZLL. There is no support to do this that I have been able to figure out. I want to take advantage of SFM and not have to write a dedicated APP(s). RFdigital suggested using SimbleeCOM, but of course, that doesn't work with RFduinos and the whole point is to get to use Simblee For Mobile with RFduino's even if via a bridge/gateway.

Support / GZZL + BLE
« Last post by tmsio on November 02, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »
Hi, i have 2 RFduinos with a sensor connected.
Can i connect via app to the rfduino GZLL HOST and read sensor data from RFduino DEVICE0?

Thank You

Support / Re: Changing Default UART Pins while uploading the sketch
« Last post by tolson on November 01, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
The bootloader is hardcoded to GPIO 0 and 1. As is the firmware inside the RFduino/Simblee.

Simblee RXD (INPUT) is on GPIO 0 connects to the UART TXD.
Simblee TXD (OUTPUT) is on GPIO 1 connects to the UART RXD.
You can only change the serial port for your application during runtime.
It will always default back to 0,1 on reset.
« Last post by cat on November 01, 2017, 12:41:42 AM »
Yes, it is tough call if there is hardware constraint. According to my knowledge GPIO 0 is TX Default and GPIO 1 RX Default, but UART is also possible on other GPIO pins. So I guess all I needed to do is to change the Default UART pins when Bootload is happening. I tried to do it in Variant.h, but it didn't work. So the Developers might know if there is hardware constraint or not.

@tolson your help would be appreciated.
« Last post by Wayne on October 31, 2017, 07:11:12 AM »
I would not think you can do anything since they are dedicated currently.  You need to get in to swap pins I would guess.

And GPIO 1 is the RXD one..  Tough call.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10