Author Topic: SimbleeCOM vs SimbleeGZLL  (Read 1051 times)

mjkuwp94

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
SimbleeCOM vs SimbleeGZLL
« on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:19 AM »
I have used Gazell on RFduino in a couple of applications - internal test tools in my company.  I understand that Gazell is a Nordic product but I don't know what SimbleeCOM is.

For a new project I have two tools that will send data to a 3rd tool and I am using Simblee modules.

What are the differences between SimbleeCOM and SimbleeGZLL  - how would I choose?

I do not need BLE but I may choose to add it later to improve usability of the design.

mjkuwp94

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: SimbleeCOM vs SimbleeGZLL
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 04:49:26 PM »
follow up question... is there a different place/forum we should go to for support and questions for Simblee?  things seem pretty slow at this forum. :(

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:02:24 PM »
follow up question... is there a different place/forum we should go to for support and questions for Simblee?  things seem pretty slow at this forum. :(
This is the place. Soon RFdigital plans to merge all their products together. Stay tuned to see how that turns out. Perhaps a wiki for documentation.

danlsk

• RFduino Jr. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:14 AM »
SimbleeGZLL based on the Nordic GZLL can only connects up to 8 devices in star topology. (Refer to the link)https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/documentation/nrf51/4.3.0/html/group__gzll__02__user__guide.html

SimbleeCom was said to be connectable to unlimited Simblees. The latency is 3ms.

Not sure about how fast is GZLL.

Both are proprietary standards. Interoperability is perhaps subject to implementation. The industrial standard for connecting multiple devices is the upcoming BLE Mesh.