Author Topic: Simblee  (Read 19809 times)

timfield

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Status - Simblee for Android??
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 04:49:59 AM »
Any update on the status for releasing the Android support for Simblee? ANXIOUS and EAGER! Thanks!

wookie1

• RFduino Jr. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Simblee
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 07:57:31 PM »
I'm getting to a point where I want to narrow down a module selection for a product. I've built prototypes with RFduino but would prefer to move to Simblee for its size and OTA program flashing capability. The problem is the Bluetooth product registration. I believe I need to get the QDID numbers for the module so I can register it and be licensed. I haven't been able to get a response on this from RF Digital yet, has anyone looked into this? I see on the Bluetooth SIG website that the RFduino QDID's are listed. I don't want to spend the $$$$ to register an RFduino to then switch to Simblee and pay more $$$$, but I don't know how long I need to wait on Simblee info.

lsnyman

• RFduino Sr. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »
I am wondering why RF Digital would spend so much time developing a Silicon like Simblee that has such great potential to be as big as Arduino or Particle, but because the support is so lacking it never quite gets there. Rfduino was the same thing, a few documents and examples but the forum (where your customers are) is not very well supported other than by people in the community helping where they can.
At least with Simblee they are producing some Youtube videos....but again..the comments section is closed so you cannot even engage there with questions etc. Its almost as if the attitude is they do not want to talk with the community and just expect we will buy thousands of their product without motivation and support. Just go to the www.Particle.io Website and see the thriving community....mostly because they engage with the community and encourage development with documentation, projects and full time forum support.
I have scanned these threads regarding Simblee and the number of unanswered questions is astounding. These shouldn't be difficult for Rf Digital to answer.
Come on Rf Digital, Pay some attention to your customers, Answer the questions, Give timelines for developments like Android, Expose ALL your Simblee commands and functions. With RfDuino there were so many undocumented commands and library tweaks that only got revealed after many questions and more experienced members scanning through the libraries to find the answers.
Who knows? Simblee could be the next Particle?

kursatu

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 01:07:02 PM »
I've got my simble few weeks ago. Great improvement overall.
I've done a project with RFDuino. The limiting factor for me was mainly the size, to some degree price.

- Is there a forum for Simble?
I did not see any at the simble.com. This is something badly needed as other posters mentioned.
- The feature list mentions a battery reading functionality. Is there something else built-in?
The nrf5 refrence manual section
31.1.2 Using a voltage divider to lower voltage
describes possible approaches to this.
This one also suggest a similar solution in numerical detail, which I have used.
https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/blogs/30/measuring-lithium-battery-voltage-with-voltage-div/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:19:37 PM by kursatu »

RFD_Patty

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 03:43:41 PM »
 lsnyman - The best way to get support is the contact us at www.simblee.com   We are have a full staff working directly with customers and answering questions.   This seems to be the best method for OEM developers who do not want their projects exposed in public forums.

We are working on several things to make getting support easier, but for the time being email is the quickest way to get an answer, generally witiin 24-48 hours depending on demand.   

Android is in the final stages of beta testing and will be released soon.

Many more videos are in the works.   Keep checking back.  www.youtube.com/simblee

Much much more coming soon.   
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:58:59 PM by RFD_Patty »

mwpmorris

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 08:05:03 AM »
I am wondering why RF Digital would spend so much time developing a Silicon like Simblee that has such great potential to be as big as Arduino or Particle, but because the support is so lacking it never quite gets there. Rfduino was the same thing, a few documents and examples but the forum (where your customers are) is not very well supported other than by people in the community helping where they can.
At least with Simblee they are producing some Youtube videos....but again..the comments section is closed so you cannot even engage there with questions etc. Its almost as if the attitude is they do not want to talk with the community and just expect we will buy thousands of their product without motivation and support. Just go to the www.Particle.io Website and see the thriving community....mostly because they engage with the community and encourage development with documentation, projects and full time forum support.
I have scanned these threads regarding Simblee and the number of unanswered questions is astounding. These shouldn't be difficult for Rf Digital to answer.
Come on Rf Digital, Pay some attention to your customers, Answer the questions, Give timelines for developments like Android, Expose ALL your Simblee commands and functions. With RfDuino there were so many undocumented commands and library tweaks that only got revealed after many questions and more experienced members scanning through the libraries to find the answers.
Who knows? Simblee could be the next Particle?

All good points, may of which I've wondered on many occassions. Even a separate Simblee section in this forum would be useful and very simple to implement. Come on RF Digital!

DogBot

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
I'm getting to a point where I want to narrow down a module selection for a product. I've built prototypes with RFduino but would prefer to move to Simblee for its size and OTA program flashing capability. The problem is the Bluetooth product registration. I believe I need to get the QDID numbers for the module so I can register it and be licensed. I haven't been able to get a response on this from RF Digital yet, has anyone looked into this? I see on the Bluetooth SIG website that the RFduino QDID's are listed. I don't want to spend the $$$$ to register an RFduino to then switch to Simblee and pay more $$$$, but I don't know how long I need to wait on Simblee info.

I could be wrong, but my interpretation is that you only need to register your bluetooth product, if you want to use the Bluetooth trademarks in your product branding. I.e a separate distinct Bluetooth logo.