Author Topic: RFduino GZLL Protocol for RFduino to RFduino Communication  (Read 22651 times)

motionresearcher

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: RFduino GZLL Protocol for RFduino to RFduino Communication
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:51 AM »
Hello!

I was wondering if I could get help as regards a problem I'm having using the GZLL protocol for communication between a RFduino host and 6 RFduino devices. The devices are connected to 5 integrated gyro-accelerometers and 1 set of emg sensors respectively. The 5 RFduino devices with the gyro-accelerometers run the same program on their microcontrollers (except for the device number - DEVICE0, DEVICE1, etc). I expected that the host would receive data from each of the devices at the same rate and I would get slightly synced - I understand that the host communicates asynchronously with devices over rotated timeslices called 'heartbeats' - data with (approximately) the same number of frames captured from all of the 6 devices.

However, that is not what I find. I find instead that some of the devices seem to hog communication with the host resulting in much inconsistent number of data frames across the devices. So, for example, I might get 125, 80, 40, 27, 45, 215 frames from each of the devices when they are all on together. Do you have any suggestions as to solving this problem???

anything