Author Topic: HOME AUTOMATION  (Read 1870 times)

poordom

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
HOME AUTOMATION
« on: January 19, 2014, 06:52:23 PM »
Good evening All,

Let me first introduce myself, my name is Dom, I am from Montreal QC.

I am neither a programmer nor am I an engineer, you can refer to me as a Dreamer.

Unfortunately I was never blessed with the logical mind to be a programmer, nor the brain capacity to be an engineer, that being said I have always been a fanatic of home automation, no the type where light A comes on at a specific time, or the type that you can access your home from anywhere in the world via the Net.

Home Automation in my book is, if its too hot close the blinds, if its too dark put lights on, only if. etc. etc. you get my point.

I think with the introduction of new technology and the miniaturization of components the sky is the limit.

This is where I see the RFDuino being combined with all kinds of sensors sending data back to a main, which would in turn control relays and other outputs via RFDuino.

I will defenitly have all kinds of questions to post over the next several posts, these questions will sound lame to a great number of you, so hopefully you will understand.

My first question : Can several RFDuino / Sensor of different type be installed on a USB Hub, as input to a Arduino or PI and the same idea on the output.

Thanks Guys

Dom

mkay

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
Re: HOME AUTOMATION
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »
Hi Dom, you should be able to implement this sort of system using our RFduino to RFduino communication library which was released in version 1.7 http://www.rfduino.com/download.html