Author Topic: What are the features for lighting controls ?  (Read 440 times)

maryzhu

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
What are the features for lighting controls ?
« on: May 02, 2017, 11:37:56 PM »
I read an electronic magazine in which there is a report on what are the features for lighting controls, After reading, I became interested in the features for lighting controls. So I searched some related materials and information about this topic. Today I come to this forum to turn to you to discuss my understandings are appropriate.

Here are my personal understandings:

1. The system can control any circuit continuous dimming or switch.

2 . Scene control: can be set in advance a number of different scenes, in the scene switch fade, fade out.

3. Can access a variety of sensors to automatically control the light.

4. Mobile sensor: the human body infrared detection to achieve the control of the light; such as people to light, people go light off (dark).

5. Bright illuminance sensor: for some occasions according to the strength of outdoor light to adjust the indoor light, such as school classroom constant illumination control.

6. Time control: some occasions can adjust the brightness with commuting time.

7. Infrared remote control: You can use the handheld infrared remote control to control the light.

8. System networking: system can be networked, the use of the above control means for integrated control or intelligent control system with the building network.

9. Human and animal movement detection to control the light.

Ps: Excuse me if I was wrong in words or expressions as I am a green hand in the field of lighting controls. I need continual learnings.

What is your idea ? Do you agree with my ideas ? Any of your ideas would be highly appreciated.

May someone would like to help ?

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:05:09 PM by RFD_Patty »

Wayne

• RFduino Jr. Member
    • View Profile
Re: What are the features for lighting controls ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 06:28:26 AM »
Your link sends me to an FTP site..  And are you asking for support for RFDuino product?

This seems confusing to me unless you want to use RFDuino to control lighting.

And I think this would of been better in Product Guidance or ?

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:26:42 AM »
Your link tried to send people via FTP instead of HTTP. I fixed that for you. The link does is not a magazine article about lighting controls.
It is a buy page for a specific product.

On the questions. We do not understand what you are trying to do. None of the the questions are related to the use with RFDigital products.
And are just questions in general.

All indications are you are spamming this site.

maryzhu

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »
thanks for your comments. I will revise my passage according to your advice. thanks for your advice again. I am looking for a lighting control in RFduino products. Could you please recommend one of those that can meet my requirements ? thanks in advance.

Wayne

• RFduino Jr. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 07:42:49 AM »
The Simblee is a BlueTooth only device that has 29 GPIO pins and a few that can be assigned as analog.
It does not network via WiFi at all.
You are able to program to the unit via USB using Arduino IDE.

If you need to network, you need to try looking elsewhere for a WiFi device for networking.
The Simblee is a very tiny device as well to work with.

During my research for BlueTooth devices, a user on the Pycom Forums mention Simblee to try.  Pycom makes a WiPy device that is both WiFi and Bluetooth capable.
They have other devices that cover more communications choices as well.
How ever, they are still working out the kinks in software and I found little support via Pycom, which for me is not good.
I have not visited recently, so I have no idea how much progress has been made in software.
The units are much larger in size, but it could be what you are looking for that covers networking.
They are programmed via Python using adapter boards and all.

You need to figure out what you connect and use. 
Both Simblee and the WiPy have processors with GPIO's.  What you hookup to the pins is up to you and how to control them as well via software.

For me, I'm still learning the Simblee,  I can never say I know everything, just what I found and observed

maryzhu

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 08:09:40 PM »
In the end, thanks for your advice. I will ask my professor for help. Maybe he knows those I do not know. thanks a lot.

maryzhu

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 11:10:19 PM »
thanks for your fast reply. For more information, please see the site: www.kynix.com. thanks a lot.

anything