Author Topic: Simblee for Mobile - Updating a table of data on a screen - SOLVED  (Read 920 times)

chipmc

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
I have been working on my code for a while so I don't have a simple snippet to illustrate my issue.  I hope I can describe it here and get some general direction.  I have also emailed support so, if I get a response there, I will share it with the forum.

In my application, the Simblee pulls data from a FRAM memory module and displays it in various screens.  I have no problem displaying and updating the data for individual fields but, am looking for a method to update a number of text fields that are displayed as a table on one of the screens.

I can create the table using a number of "draw text" commands and incrementing the xAxis and yAxis to create the table.  If I turn off the Simblee between connections, the data is displayed correctly.  However, If the Simblee stays on and I merely disconnect and reconnect, reset the Simblee, or tab between the pages, the data does not get refreshed.  I could use the UpdateText method, but the number of fields (60) would make this awkward.  Is there a way to "recreate screen" or force a refresh of a screen?  If I try to re-run the "createScreen" function, the Simblee for Mobile app crashes.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Perhaps some Table functions to complement the DrawText capabilities of the Simblee?

Thanks,

Chip
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:41:36 AM by chipmc »

chipmc

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Turns out the solution to my problem was straightforward.  On the page where I create the screen, I simply had to move the SimbleeForMobile.endScreen();    command up so that my table code was below this command.  Turns out that Simblee only caches the conent beween the beginScreen() and endScreen() commands.  And yes, this is in the documentation.  Hope this helps someone else.

anything