Author Topic: App hangs when built with latest 2.0.2 code base  (Read 1446 times)

mtnscott

• RFduino Jr. Member
    • View Profile
App hangs when built with latest 2.0.2 code base
« on: June 03, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »
Hello,
I have been using 1.8 for a long time and I recently updated to 2.0.2 and noticed that my app works fine for a while and then hangs.  This has happened 3 times so I switched back to 1.8 and I am not having any problems.  I have not tried to debug what is going on but I wanted to report that there may be a problem with this build.

PM me if you want more info.

UPDATE:  my current app just hung, so I guess I changed some timing and now it hangs.  Before it would run for days and days.  What's interesting is that with v2.0.2 it will hang within minutes, with 1.8 it hangs with 10's of minutes.

What I am basically doing is turning on and off the BT stack for a fixed amount of time every second.  There is I2C stuff going on all the time so by increasing the amount of time the BT is active I seem to get to the hang sooner.

I am starting to suspect a conflict between I2C and the BT operation, here's why -

1) If I keep BT stack active and don't have any I2C going on I don't seem to run into problems.
2) If I keep I2C running and don't use the BT stack I don't seem to run into problems

I have managed to find a balance with only keeping the BT stack active for < 100ms, however this creates problems trying to reliably connect to the RFduino over BT.

In my app - once a BT connection occurs I keep the BT stack active for the duration and drop the I2C interactions to almost nothing.

Is anyone else having problems with I2C and the BT stack?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:42:27 AM by mtnscott »

mkay

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
Re: App hangs when built with latest 2.0.2 code base
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »
Hi Mtnscott,

Can you post your sketch or PM me with your sketch so we can take a look at it?

anything