Author Topic: Simblee Cloud - Advice Needed  (Read 1091 times)

chipmc

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Simblee Cloud - Advice Needed
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:19:27 AM »
I am building a trail traffic counter for my local parks.  Today, the park ranger drives up to the counter, uses the Simblee app to get the counts and has to email them to the park office to get manually entered and recorded.  What I would like to do is add Simblee Cloud functionality to this process:

- Ranger connects to Simblee and verifies that it is counting properly
   - He/she then pushes a “send to cloud” button that sends all new data sets (32-bit UNIX time and 16 bit count pairs) to Simblee Cloud
   - Simblee Cloud then forwards them on to my serial data streaming service - Ubidots for reporting, graphing and storage.

First, it is realistic?  am I thinking of this the right way?

If so, I will need to get smarter on how to make this happen.  I have read the reference guide and watched the videos.  Is there more such as details of the needed PHP scripts or definition of the Pools that can make this happen.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.  I would even welcome RTFM if there is a more comprehensive one than the Simblee Cloud Reference 1.0

Thanks, Chip

robomaniac

• RFduino Newbie
  • I love electronics, robots and FPV drone racing
    • View Profile
Re: Simblee Cloud - Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:56:04 PM »
to send something to the cloud you use

Code: [Select]
cloud.send(unsigned int destESN, const void *data, int len)
This   function   allows   you   to   send   data   to   SimbleeCloud.   
Code: [Select]
unsigned int destESN = 0x01010101;
cloud.send(destESN, “1”, 1); //sends “1” to end point 0x01010101

then you have to have other script that take that data and send it by email. I never played with that feature yet.