Author Topic: Simblee with Android 7.0 failing  (Read 300 times)

RFDNewbie

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Simblee with Android 7.0 failing
« on: March 26, 2017, 01:02:44 AM »
After updating my Android phone (Samsung 7 edge) to Android 7.0, I cannot access my Simblee for mobile device anymore. Device  appears at the phone simblee app and appears to connect, but once started it disconnects and exits program immediately after shortly blank screen.
I did not have this problem before update. Phone now gets very hot when simblee device is plugged for a while. I have checked simblee device and it is still running and programmable. I tried re installing Simblee app but with no result.
Anyone experienced the same?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:19:00 AM by RFDNewbie »

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
Re: Simblee with Android 7.0 failing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 10:04:48 PM »
After updating my Android phone (Samsung 7 edge) to Android 7.0, I cannot access my Simblee for mobile device anymore. Device  appears at the phone simblee app and appears to connect, but once started it disconnects and exits program immediately after shortly blank screen.
I did not have this problem before update. Phone now gets very hot when simblee device is plugged for a while. I have checked simblee device and it is still running and programmable. I tried re installing Simblee app but with no result.
Anyone experienced the same?

Ouch! That is one of the spooky parts of APPs and cloud based products. Sounds like Android changed something in their API.. again. I don't know why they can't maintain backwards compatibility. Same usually goes for Apple products.

I have sent this upgrade concern to RF Digital and hope they respond ASAP with an update to SFM.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:08:54 PM by tolson »

RFDNewbie

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 01:49:42 AM »
Thankyou.
I tried to make a bit of debugging and at the moment is seems maybe to be something with graphics layout or resolution.
Simblee app crashes if i set mode for Landscape:
    SimbleeForMobile.beginScreen(WHITE);
//    SimbleeForMobile.beginScreen(WHITE,LANDSCAPE);

This is also a problem for temperature example (unmodified.
 8)
I may have narrowed it a bit more,
If phone display is locked in vertical mode, it is not possible to switch it to landscape by SimbleeForMobile and Simblee app crashes probably due to violations in graphics mode.
If this mode is set to auto it does not crash if already in Horizontal mode but still very often if in vertical mode (standing). Weird...
This was not a problem with ver 6.0
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:56:47 AM by RFDNewbie »

Wayne

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 06:11:55 AM »
I have a S7.. After the update, none of my cars with BT would connect correctly.. I considered to drop back to 6.0, but that be a hassle.

So I bit the bullet to say and did a factory reset. Now the BT in my cars work.

Backup you stuff 1st then you be able to recover.

The Simblee's work fine on my S7 as 7.0 

RFD_Nelson

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:38:56 AM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience as we push a new release. As you have found, building a release that supports every device can be challenging. We currently have a new release in beta, and are working on fixing any bugs that appear. We could use the help of the community to test this on different devices with their own edge cases so that we can quickly and accurately squash bugs.

Please continue posting on the forum or send us an email if you find any behavior that seems "off". We'd be happy to take a look at it.

Again, thank you for your patience as we work through the Android update to bring you a quality, stable, and tested product!

Nelson

lsnyman

• RFduino Sr. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 06:28:28 PM »
When is the new release coming????
I now have customer devices rendered useless because after the Android Update, the Simblee app doesn't work anymore.
It has been almost 1 month since you said the update is in Beta.
Please advise....

lsnyman

• RFduino Sr. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »
We would appreciate an answer to this issue!!!!!!

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 12:24:52 PM »
What's the buzz! I have customers wanting to bail on RF Digital for lack of expediant fixes for problems with the libraries and SImblee For Mobile APP.
It's been 2 months.