Author Topic: Simblee intermittent not found Android 6.0.1  (Read 86 times)

JeffNYC

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Simblee intermittent not found Android 6.0.1
« on: October 27, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »
I've been having problems recently getting the Simblee app to find a nearby Simblee on an Android 6.0.1 phone (Blackberry Priv STV100-2). 
When I go to the phone's Bluetooth 'Available Devices' list, the Simblee appears.  But in the Simblee app, there is nothing found at all.
Also, when this occurs, the Simblee device can always be found using the Simblee app on other phones I have handy (iOs in this case).

What's bizarre is that most of the time Simblee finds the device and functions perfectly fine on this Android 6.0.1 device.  It just seems to have 'bad days' sometimes where it just cannot see the Simblee, and I cannot figure out why.  Restarting the phone or the Simblee doesn't change anything.
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Simblee app from the Android phone, but the problem persists.

Any ideas here?  Planning to use this for a low-volume production product, so need to figure this out asap before we start shipping!

RFD_Nelson

• RFduino Team
    • View Profile
Re: Simblee intermittent not found Android 6.0.1
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:47:45 PM »
Hi JeffNYC,

Please make sure that the Simblee is not paired with the device and that you have Location turned on and allow the Simblee for Mobile app to use it.

Thanks,

Nelson

JeffNYC

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Simblee intermittent not found Android 6.0.1
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 04:56:52 PM »
Hi Nelson,

Thanks for the quick response and the ideas - found the problem.  While I had 'Location' set to 'On' in the Simblee app permissions, somehow my Global 'Location' toggle (under Settings) had gotten turned off.   Oops.

Great to know that the Simblee-Android connection is solid, now just need to ensure my users don't make the same silly mistake I did!

Thanks,
Jeff