Author Topic: OTA use Android  (Read 1244 times)

beanstalkhk

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
OTA use Android
« on: September 07, 2016, 12:20:33 AM »
Hello,

can We use Android or other except iPhone device be a DFU controller , and has example code or document ?

Thanks
 :)

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
Re: OTA use Android
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:15:57 PM »
Hello,

can We use Android or other except iPhone device be a DFU controller , and has example code or document ?

Thanks

That topic is ...
Simblee - OTA programming
The diatribe is...
http://forum.rfduino.com/index.php?topic=1273.msg5455#msg5455
It disusses using nrfutil to get your projects .hex file into the format needed for DFU.
Then you can use NRF Toolbox on either Android or iOS to load into your Simblee.
Both nrfutil and NRFtoolbox are from Nordic.

wookie1

• RFduino Jr. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 06:46:07 PM »
I was getting ready to look into this also, was curious if any source code were available for Android and iOS DFU. I can't expect my customers to download the Nordic Toolbox and deal with figuring out how to get files loaded at the right time and everything.

beanstalkhk

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 10:53:54 PM »
Hello,

Thanks

That topic is ...
Simblee - OTA programming
The diatribe is...
http://forum.rfduino.com/index.php?topic=1273.msg5455#msg5455
It disusses using nrfutil to get your projects .hex file into the format needed for DFU.
Then you can use NRF Toolbox on either Android or iOS to load into your Simblee.
Both nrfutil and NRFtoolbox are from Nordic.

Hi tolson,
I look the link you give, but not secuess for me. Now I use OS Windows10 with installed Python 2.7.10 & nrfutil 2.5. And nrfutil 2.5 command option is diffrence with the example. nrfutil version 2.5 to generate a zip file is request the options --hw-version & where the --key-file ! I just use a key file "private.pem" is generate from nrfutil itself , I dont known is it work or not. and I got a zip file by the command line as ...

"nrfutil pkg generate %1.zip --application %1.hex --application-version 0xffff --hw-version 0xffff --sd-req 0xfffe --key-file private.pem"

And use nRFToolbox with select generated zip file to UPLOAD, but result from nRFToolbox is "Upload failed: REMOTE DFU OPERATION FAILED". the Simblee is installed example sketch "LedButtonWithOTABootloader" from simblee.

I think is nrfutil options is not correct, e.g. application, hardware version & the key. I hope Simblee will be make a youtube video for OTA tutorial, because is important for a product.

Thanks

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 07:28:58 AM »
You have to use nrfutil 0.5.2. The newer ones don't work with Simblee. The protocol is different.

anything