Author Topic: Alternating host/device algorithm with GZLL  (Read 1221 times)

hermanslyngstadli

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Alternating host/device algorithm with GZLL
« on: April 19, 2016, 05:20:09 AM »
Okay, so here's the deal. I'm working on a system with three wireless glowing RGB-cubes. I'm using the RSSI functionality within GZLL to find the distance between each cube, and changing the colors with said distance. I'm also working on an alternating host/device system so that every cube knows the distance to the two others at any given time. Because of the limitations within the GZLL protocol being that only the host knows the distance to the (up to) eight other devices, this seems like the appropriate approach. Knowing that I'm probably not the best programmer out there, I'm reaching out to you!

What are your opinions on the algorithm for this alternating host/device system? By that I mean the order of operations, when to check the distance and so on. I'm going for minimum response time, since this is for an interactive installation.

Any meanings and suggestions on the manner will be greatly appreciated!  ;D

Hugs and kisses from Norway! :-*

hermanslyngstadli

• RFduino Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Alternating host/device algorithm with GZLL
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:33:15 AM »
For those of you interested in seeing the result of the project here it is! ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkfCXRNvNnc

I use three rfduinos, one in each cube. I have used the GZLL protocol to write an alternating structure. By doing this, I can measure the RSSI value for each cube to the other ones, and determine if they are close. Each cube also runs the exact same code, except for the device role.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have!

tolson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Olson Consulting
Re: Alternating host/device algorithm with GZLL
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »

Good job figuring it all out using GZLL. I hope you guys and gals get a good grade.

Keep having fun!

anything