Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Simblee For Mobile / Re: Changing IOS/Android App name/appearance
« Last post by RFD_Patty on January 04, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »
As I mentioned in our email discussion, you can absolutely build your own BLE app and submit to the app stores.   
Hello,

I am testing using this sketch:

Code: [Select]
#include<SimbleeCOM.h>
char payload[] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 };

void setup() {
  SimbleeCOM.mode = LOW_LATENCY;
}

void loop() {
  SimbleeCOM.begin();
  SimbleeCOM.send(payload, sizeof(payload));
  delay(5);
  SimbleeCOM.end();
  Simblee_ULPDelay(1000); 
}

void SimbleeCOM_onReceive(unsigned int esn, const char *payload, int len, int rssi) {
}

The Simblee goes into ULP mode as expected drawing 4uA. With this sketch, are you seeing different behavior?

Nelson
Simblee For Mobile / Re: Changing IOS/Android App name/appearance
« Last post by MaMikee on December 24, 2017, 04:19:48 AM »
I've been told away from this forum that this won't happen.  While I'm disappointed, I can see why the company would want everyone to see their product name.  Helps your competition know something about how you made your product so RFDigital can sell more silicon.
Support / Re: Simblee supply issues?
« Last post by lsnyman on December 22, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »
In stock at Mouser  :)
Production Application Guidance / Re: ICSP programming
« Last post by Wayne on December 22, 2017, 07:04:29 AM »
Another set of facts is the Simblee is FCC, CE, RED and bunch of others approved.  If you change any firmware etc, it no longer is a Simblee device.
UL and FCC and others would want to retest the device.
At my work, I have used Teensy devices with software to interface with Medical devices. If I change the software enough, I would need to send out the system for a retest of over $15,000.  That will not happen, so I do a little change that simply lites an LED or not.
Current devices now on the Simblee has been qualified for UL/FCC/FDA of our foot switch wireless upgrade.  In fact, the resolve of the only one failure was easy and was easier than our 2 previous models.
Simblee For Mobile / Changing IOS/Android App name/appearance
« Last post by MaMikee on December 21, 2017, 03:48:44 AM »
I’m interested in changing the appearance of the “Simblee” application logo as it appears on the cell phone.  Either to my own logo or to something that doesn’t give away the technology that I’m using for my product.  That might help stay ahead of all the ripoff artists by concealing my approach to some degree.

Does RFDigital offer this service or already have another app I can use?

Thanks,

Mike Berry, Colorado
« Last post by MaMikee on December 20, 2017, 07:08:59 AM »
Yeah I left the reset button out, just power cycle like you do with Windows(r)  ( - :

Thanks for your help and hopefully this can aid others.

If it needs to be moved to another forum area I'm OK with that
« Last post by tolson on December 20, 2017, 07:04:52 AM »
You don't really need a reset button. Just a capacitor between the DTR line and the RESET line is needed. Look at the schematic for the RFduino USB shield.
« Last post by MaMikee on December 20, 2017, 05:22:49 AM »
Yes, the Simblee SOC is bought from RFdigital and mounted on the sparkfun board. Sparkfun has really good documentation on how things work.

The schematic you show is a manual reset button in conjunction with the DTR through a capacitor. The DTR line is used to by the Arduino IDE to reset the Simblee/RFduino to tell the bootloader to go into programming mode or run mode.

OK so here is my summary:

1. RF Digital puts the boot loader in all chips as part of the manufacturing process
2. Most designs can just use the serial port to load firmware into the Simblee
3. The RESET circuit should have a differentiator circuit like the one above to go between prog mode and run mode using DTR
4. The firmware is protected by default because there is no way to read it out

Look OK?
« Last post by tolson on December 19, 2017, 03:49:30 PM »
Let me put this another way:  Does SparkFun just buy your chips and solder them onto their Simblee BLE Breakout board?  This is SKU WRL-13632 https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13632

If that is true then I'm with you 99%.  Just give the board serial I/O and burn the code in from the Arduino IDE.

So one more question:  What does all this ancillary circuitry do in the above SF board?  Taking signals from the serial DTR pin?  Thanks

Yes, the Simblee SOC is bought from RFdigital and mounted on the sparkfun board. Sparkfun has really good documentation on how things work.

The schematic you show is a manual reset button in conjunction with the DTR through a capacitor. The DTR line is used to by the Arduino IDE to reset the Simblee/RFduino to tell the bootloader to go into programming mode or run mode.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10