Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Support / Monitoring Voltage Simblee RFD77201 (Device)
« Last post by damals58 on April 10, 2017, 05:55:14 AM »
Hi,

The Simblee RFD77201 datasheet lists "Battery/Supply voltage monitoring" as a feature. What did they mean?

Best regards

damals58
Support / Re: Simblee GZLL performs worse than RFduino GZLL?
« Last post by RFD_Nelson on April 10, 2017, 05:11:07 AM »
Hi mjkuwp94,

Thanks for posting this, we'll take a look at the new data. Try something for me please, add SimbleeCOM.mode = LOW_LATENCY; in your setup() before you start SimbleeCOM, and let me know what you get for packet timings.
Support / Re: EEPROM/Flash
« Last post by wdfreemanjr on April 09, 2017, 08:18:12 PM »
Arggggg...

Just picked up a few Simblees and need to store a few bytes in flash.  FlashWriteBlock works just fine, but when you disconnect and then reconnect, the iOS application crashes.  Apparently this has been an issue for quite some time.

I love the fact the chip can render it's own GI and the tiny footprint, but if I have to add an SD card reader or EEPROM, that pretty much throws the tiny footprint out the window.

I could write my own iOS app and use other libraries besides the SimbleeForMobile, but at that point, I might as well just use any bluetooth module.  The GUI rendering was what sold me on this and I see very little progress in upgrades or fixes.

I have not been very impressed with the documentation or the developers responses or lack there of.
Support / Re: Simblee GZLL performs worse than RFduino GZLL?
« Last post by mjkuwp94 on April 08, 2017, 06:20:42 AM »
hi, thanks for your help!

The Simblees and RFduinos are about 1 meter apart in these tests. (in my family room on the couch )

With Simblee+Gazell and 20ms packet spacing everything comes through including ACK over the 20 second test period
  with same and 10ms spacing there are 5 instances of packet loss, 4 contiguous packets each time over 20 seconds
  with same, the faster one sends packets, the more packets are lost in a row (more details below)

RFduino+Gazell works down to 2ms packet spacing (fastest I tried) with no packet loss but there are gaps of up to 12ms between receipt of the packets.  Of course the subsequent packets come in quite fast.  In other words the jitter is high.

I also tried the SimbleeCOM communication and this does create somewhat different results.  The packets are typically more evenly spaced but there are some limits, at least with my code.
 - faster than 25ms packet spacing, I cannot send ACK back to the sender
 - at 15ms packet spacing, attempting to send ACK seems to cause packet loss of 50%

so, I changed to not send an ACK
 - without sending an ACK, communication is good down to 12ms spacing, but not below.
 - example, at 8ms packet spacing 66% of packets come through (one each 12ms)

nevertheless, I am intrigued by the SimbleeCOM protocol and may decide to use this at a rate of 16ms.  My data is created at about 8ms intervals but I may not have any loss of accuracy if I use a bit of filtering and send at a 16ms rate.  If this rate has less jitter it is even better : ) due to the way my host uses the data.

My next task in the coming weeks will be to check the actual physical lag using a logic analyzer.  I am curious to know how much latency there is of the data across the radio link.  This is also of some significant importance in my system.

thanks again!

Mark

PS

I attached the code use for these tests - simplified somewhat from the previous attachment.

Here are the notes I took as I performed the tests

Code: [Select]
#define MS_BETWEEN_GAZELL_PACKET_TX 9

/* Simblee Gazell RESULTS
  20ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds
  19ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds, occasional jitter to 32ms gap
  18ms setting, varies (0 to 6 packets lost in 20 seconds) 1 packet per bunch
  17ms setting, 1  packet  lost per bunch, 1 to 5 bunches total in 20 seconds
  15ms setting, 2  packets lost per bunch, 1 bunch   total in 20 seconds
  10ms setting, 4  packets lost per bunch, 5 bunches total in 20 seconds
   8ms setting, 6  packets lost per bunch, 5 bunches total in 20 seconds
   5ms setting, 11 packets lost per bunch, 8 bunches total in 20 seconds
*/
/* RFduino RESULTS
  8ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds, up to 22ms between packet max (jitter)
  5ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds, up to 12ms between packet max (jitter)
  3ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds, up to 8ms between packets max (jitter)
  2ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds, up to 12ms between packets max (jitter)
*/

/* Simblee COM with ACK
  30ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds, VERY low jitter, ACK works
  25ms setting, NO packets lost in 20 seconds, VERY low jitter, ACK works
  -------------------------------------------
  24ms setting, two packets were +6ms/-6ms jitter no ACKS came through
  23ms setting, packets are timed properly but no ACKS come through
  22ms setting, packets are timed properly but no ACKS come through
  20ms setting, packets are timed properly but no ACKS come through
  15ms setting, about every OTHER packet comes through, 30ms between events

*/

/* Simblee COM without ACK
  16ms setting
  15ms setting, everything comes through little jitter
  12ms setting, everything comes through little jitter
  9ms setting,
   8ms setting, packets are spaced each 12ms, so 66% of packets come through.

*/
Support / Re: Simblee GZLL performs worse than RFduino GZLL
« Last post by RFD_Nelson on April 07, 2017, 04:59:39 AM »
Engineering has taken a look at the sketch and we have a few questions:

1. How far apart are the two Simblee's? How far apart are the two RFduinos?
2. According to your results, the Simblee communication is much more stable than the RFduino in terms of jitter. What happens if you increase the packet timing? Every 10ms? 20ms? Does everything come across ok on both devices?
3. What is the cutoff timing that you're seeing? You said the RFduino seems to be able to do 3ms, do you have an excel sheet with results for that timing? How about on the Simblee?

SimbleeCOM is a highly-optimized protocol for sending data between many, many devices on a Simblee network. You could easily broadcast information with 3ms packet latency and 10us jitter to over 100 nodes, or more!

I see that you already have SimbleeCOM functionality built in to your sketch, have you tried this same demo using SimbleeCOM?

You said that you didn't want to go down that rabbit hole, but I highly recommend that you take a look. We would be happy to help in any way we can! There are videos on our YouTube channel (youtube.com/simblee), and in this forum, along with code that shows how to utilize SimbleeCOM, and we have many knowledgable users that I'm sure would be willing to chime in as well!

Again, I'm sorry for the delay in response, I look forward to hearing back from you!
Support / Re: Simblee GZLL performs worse than RFduino GZLL
« Last post by RFD_Nelson on April 07, 2017, 04:38:24 AM »
Hi mjkuwp94,

I apologize for the delay in response. Our Engineering team is taking a look at your example code (thanks!).
Support / Re: Simblee assembly and pick'n place machines
« Last post by Tim on April 02, 2017, 04:26:57 PM »
Thanks Tolson. I'm hopeful that smearing flux on Simblee pads before overlaying stencil and applying solder paste will do the trick. Will post here again once we have a sense for helpfulness.

Thanks.
Simblee Libraries / Re: Simblee library 1.1.1
« Last post by Tim on April 02, 2017, 04:24:33 PM »
Thanks Tolson. Has 1.1.1 proven to be a stable release for iOS platform?
Simblee Libraries / Re: Simblee library 1.1.1
« Last post by tolson on April 02, 2017, 01:43:22 PM »
Hi Tim,

The 1.1.1 came out when they finally released Simblee For Android support back in June 2016 or so.

What we are waiting on now is 1.1.2 primarily to resolve issues caused Android 7.0.

I don't know why the Simblee site still says Android is in beta coming soon 6.6.2016.
It does seem hard to get corrected documents uploaded to the website.
Simblee Libraries / Simblee library 1.1.1
« Last post by Tim on April 02, 2017, 08:28:19 AM »
Hi ...

I see that Simblee library 1.1.1 is available, but don't see any announcements about it. Anyone aware of details of the update? Release notes?

Thx,

Tim
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10