Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Support / Re: Changing Default UART Pins while uploading the sketch
« Last post by tolson on November 01, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
The bootloader is hardcoded to GPIO 0 and 1. As is the firmware inside the RFduino/Simblee.

Simblee RXD (INPUT) is on GPIO 0 connects to the UART TXD.
Simblee TXD (OUTPUT) is on GPIO 1 connects to the UART RXD.
You can only change the serial port for your application during runtime.
It will always default back to 0,1 on reset.
« Last post by cat on November 01, 2017, 12:41:42 AM »
Yes, it is tough call if there is hardware constraint. According to my knowledge GPIO 0 is TX Default and GPIO 1 RX Default, but UART is also possible on other GPIO pins. So I guess all I needed to do is to change the Default UART pins when Bootload is happening. I tried to do it in Variant.h, but it didn't work. So the Developers might know if there is hardware constraint or not.

@tolson your help would be appreciated.
« Last post by Wayne on October 31, 2017, 07:11:12 AM »
I would not think you can do anything since they are dedicated currently.  You need to get in to swap pins I would guess.

And GPIO 1 is the RXD one..  Tough call.
Support / Re: Is RFD22301 has pull up or pull down Factory pin and ext-ant pin?
« Last post by t_shibata on October 31, 2017, 06:23:55 AM »
Thank all!
This topic is solved.

The following is the answer from the manufacturer.
  For RFD22301:
  You can leave the pins EXT ANT, and FACTORY disconnected.

Thank!
Support / Changing Default UART Pins while uploading the sketch
« Last post by cat on October 31, 2017, 05:09:00 AM »
Hi,
Somehow Simblee's GPIO 1 Pin is not working and I am unable to upload my code. Is there a way to change my default UART pins while uploading my code? So that I can bootload with other GPIO pins.

Thanks.
Support / Is RFD22301 has pull up or pull down Factory pin and ext-ant pin?
« Last post by t_shibata on October 30, 2017, 07:14:20 AM »
HI ALL!

Is RFD22301 has pull up or pull down Factory pin and ext-ant pin.

I'm designing a circuit using RFD22301.
FACTORY pin and EXT ANT pin not use.
I am worried about antistatic issues.
Could you please tell me that measure method.

# I am not good at English.
  There are cases where I have made a mistake in the sentences. Please understand.

Regard!
Android / Re: Simblee intermittent not found Android 6.0.1
« Last post by JeffNYC on October 29, 2017, 04:56:52 PM »
Hi Nelson,

Thanks for the quick response and the ideas - found the problem.  While I had 'Location' set to 'On' in the Simblee app permissions, somehow my Global 'Location' toggle (under Settings) had gotten turned off.   Oops.

Great to know that the Simblee-Android connection is solid, now just need to ensure my users don't make the same silly mistake I did!

Thanks,
Jeff
Android / Re: Simblee intermittent not found Android 6.0.1
« Last post by RFD_Nelson on October 27, 2017, 12:47:45 PM »
Hi JeffNYC,

Please make sure that the Simblee is not paired with the device and that you have Location turned on and allow the Simblee for Mobile app to use it.

Thanks,

Nelson
Android / Simblee intermittent not found Android 6.0.1
« Last post by JeffNYC on October 27, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »
I've been having problems recently getting the Simblee app to find a nearby Simblee on an Android 6.0.1 phone (Blackberry Priv STV100-2). 
When I go to the phone's Bluetooth 'Available Devices' list, the Simblee appears.  But in the Simblee app, there is nothing found at all.
Also, when this occurs, the Simblee device can always be found using the Simblee app on other phones I have handy (iOs in this case).

What's bizarre is that most of the time Simblee finds the device and functions perfectly fine on this Android 6.0.1 device.  It just seems to have 'bad days' sometimes where it just cannot see the Simblee, and I cannot figure out why.  Restarting the phone or the Simblee doesn't change anything.
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Simblee app from the Android phone, but the problem persists.

Any ideas here?  Planning to use this for a low-volume production product, so need to figure this out asap before we start shipping!
Support / Re: Wake not working
« Last post by weroflu on October 26, 2017, 09:25:14 AM »
correct, no functional difference at all, except i would like a way to turn it back on. I could just unhook/rehook the main power supply and that would do it, but it seems more ergonomic to have a dedicated on/off for the rfduino.

Or if I used systemoff i'd still need a physical button to trigger its wakeup... at least I think that's the case. So button or on/off switch either one is fine. Space is very tight as is so I'll need to do a new board run no matter what.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything