Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Simblee Libraries / Unexplained power draw floating UART Simblee
« Last post by blieber on March 22, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
Trying to debug a custom board with Simblee, noticed strange symptoms where:
1. When UART is attached to 5V rails get expected ULP current draw of <10uA
2. When remove UART pins from rails to floating ULP current draw jumps up to ~120uA
3. If I've done analog write on any pin since setup this, ULP current draw is ~1mA

My board is actually running 3.3V -- my guess is somehow when UART pins pulled to 5V this disables some of hardware features in ULP (although these features seem to work normally otherwise... hmmm this maybe isn't the best theory).

Also tried:
-- Pulling pins to 0V or 3.3V
-- Serial.end()
-- Setting UART pins to explicit inputs/outputs
-- NRF_UART0->ENABLE = (UART_ENABLE_ENABLE_Disabled << UART_ENABLE_ENABLE_Pos)
None of these seemed to reduce/remove increased current draw when UART pins are removed from rails
Production Application Guidance / Re: Both RFduino and Simblee with other BLE's
« Last post by Wayne on March 22, 2017, 11:10:53 AM »
Yes I will have some questions. 

I would like to have like 2 or 3 devices to 1 host.

The host will drive relays..

The devices will send button presses.  Min of 3, max of 8.. Different configurations.

I have been in contact with a Patty Steiman on this.

but suggestions will help since this is new to me.
Support / Re: Simblee GZLL performs worse than RFduino GZLL
« Last post by RFD_Nelson on March 22, 2017, 08:07:22 AM »
Hi mjkuwp94,

Thanks for your interest in Simblee!

To help you further, can you post a copy of your sketch or send it to us at: support@rfdigital.com?

We'd be happy to take a look and help you out!
Production Application Guidance / Re: Both RFduino and Simblee with other BLE's
« Last post by RFD_Nelson on March 22, 2017, 08:03:15 AM »
Hi Wayne,

Simblee is perfectly suited for this application! Simblee's Ultra-Low Power mode enables you to run for years on a single coin cell battery!

For this application, you could easily put the Simblee in ULP mode, and wait for a button press. The Simblee would then wake, send a packet via our low-latency ultra-fast SimbleeCOM protocol, and go back to sleep.

This application could easily run in the field for years!

Do you have any specific questions about how to implement this?
Bad URL link

They've made some changes to their site, sorry about that.  The video works. 
Simblee Announcements / Re: Is Simblee still being developed / supported
« Last post by RFD_Patty on March 21, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »

...If you have a hardware design I would think the primary concern would be getting a proper quote and/or contract for purchasing the hardware.

We sell through our global authorized distributors - Arrow, Digikey, Mouser, Rutronik, Symmetry - Any of them can provide a quote, and most products are kept in stock. 

We are also happy to provide budgetary quotes on qualified projects direct, just contact us via the email on the Simblee or Rfduino web pages.   Just include the following information and we can turn a quote around quickly:

Company Name
Application
Estimated annual usage
Planed Production Date
« Last post by RFD_Patty on March 21, 2017, 10:01:23 AM »
Absolutely!

We've been busy -

Acquisition by ams AG annouced in January http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170124006198/en/ams-Announces-Completion-Transaction-Acquire-Heptagon-Related

Exhibiting at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona and CES earlier this year with our parent company Heptagon

We just launched our IoT 3D ToF Sensor kits (In stock in Digikey!) https://youtu.be/OYE-wJar49s

Working on a bunch more new kits and shields to the eco-system.   

The products are in full production and we are supporting customers who already have products on the market. 

Lots of exciting stuff and more to come.   Don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have questions. 
« Last post by mjkuwp94 on March 20, 2017, 02:59:45 PM »
I recommend you try contacting the manufacturer or the new owner (Heptagon?  ams sensor solutions?).  Google it to see latest news.  Depending how commercial your product is I think it is best to stay away from any rapid prototype tools as a general rule.  I doubt they intended this but evidence suggests Simblee is done.

For compiler some options are GCC, Keil and IAR.  The Keil IDE is pretty easy to set up and so is Segger Embedded Studio.

For apps there are many options.  The last time I investigated this I briefly looked at Cordova and Ionic Framework.  I had some success with Evothings.  It should be noted that in this environment any technology or service can evaporate.

If you have a hardware design I would think the primary concern would be getting a proper quote and/or contract for purchasing the hardware.
Simblee Libraries / Re: SimbleeBLE affects TIMER1/2 accuracy
« Last post by Tim on March 19, 2017, 08:38:05 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Yes, micros() is inaccurate when BLE is on due to priority of the BLE stack. That's what led me to use PPI, GPIOTE and TIMERs because they are not subject to CPU or BLE. Not sure about delayMicroseconds(), but I presume same issue. micros() is just reading the value of RTC1, so if you could use PPI and GPIOTE to start and stop RTC1 and read it's value in an interrupt routine, that might do the trick. I don't have much experience with encoders, so I might be way off here.

I'm very interested to hear RFDigital's response. If you're using PPI, GPIOTE and TIMERs to "handle encoder interrupts," my understanding is it should work.

Thanks for adding to the conversation.

Tim
Simblee Announcements / Is Simblee still being developed / supported
« Last post by chipmc on March 19, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
It seems like there has not been much progress since September 2016 on updating documentation, adding functionality or interacting on the forums. 

I have committed to Simblee for the commercial offering I am developing - is this a mistake?

Thanks,

Chip
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything