Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Support / bad Simblee batch?
« Last post by Tim on Today at 01:14:33 PM »
Hi ..

Trying to explain why we're getting a high failure rate on assembling our boards. We recently ordered from Mouser and received 30 Simblees packaged as in photo, which means someone handled them to take from factory packaging and place on foam. Also found a label on the anti-static bag containing the Mouser order that have never seen before (see attached photo). Previously all Simblees came from DigiKey and in original factory packaging and we had a much higher success rate. Wondering if anyone has had issues with Simblees arriving defected from different suppliers.

Appreciate any thoughts, experience.

Tim
Simblee Libraries / Simblee_systemOff();
« Last post by Wayne on April 19, 2017, 02:52:53 PM »
Ok, I'm playing around to see how fast Simblee_systemOff(); responds to a pinwake action, and can this be used in SimbleeCOM or is it just for SimbleeBLE?

Doing my elephant count, it is more than 1, but less than 2 .. 
I'm trying to get below ULP mode.. That draws around 1 ma, the systemOff is around 10ua
Interesting Uses & Applications / SFM Color Sensor - BH1745
« Last post by tolson on April 18, 2017, 05:31:30 PM »
My attempt to interface the BH1745 Color Sensor to Simblee. I originally made the shield to interface to RFduino. But thought it would be more interesting to use it in conjunction with Simblee For Mobile. My intent was to display on the smart device the color detected by the remote Simblee based color sensor.

While the UI part of this project works, I don't quite understand the algorithm needed to get a perfect representation of the color at the extremes like black and white. And that affects the in between results. I am having issues with blues and greens.

My starting sample code is here. It needs work. But here is if you want to hack at it.
http://thomasolson.com/PROJECTS/BLE/Simblee/SFM_color/
Simblee Libraries / Re: SimbleeRNG
« Last post by tolson on April 18, 2017, 03:48:27 PM »
It would be better if you provide complete code ready to install. Then one can see what you have going on.

Are you using with Simblee For Mobile?
Simblee Libraries / SimbleeRNG
« Last post by jaltet on April 18, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »

Hello everybody!

I am trying to have the Simblee generate a random number using SImbleeRNG. here is my code:
Code: [Select]
void Generate_Ticket_Number()
{
 uint8_t stream[8];
 uint8_t N_Ticket[12];
 SimbleeRNG::generate(stream, sizeof(stream));

for (int i=0; i<4; i++)
{
N_Ticket[3*i]   = stream[i]/100;
N_Ticket[3*i+1] = (stream[i]-100*N_Ticket[3*i])/10;
N_Ticket[3*i+2] = stream[i]-100*N_Ticket[3*i]-10*N_Ticket[3*i+1];
}
for (int i=0; i<13;i++)
{
  Serial.print(char(N_Ticket[i]));
}
for (int i=0;i<10;i++)
{
  Ticket[i]= char(N_Ticket[i]+0x30);
}
Serial.println("");
Serial.println(Ticket);
}

This works and I can generate a random number that will be used to print a Ticket. However, if I call this routine in an event related to the User Interface (hitting a button on my iPhone), Simblee looses communication and the software hangs up.
Does this mean that SimbleeRNG() cannot be used within the processing of an event?
Thank you for your attention
Support / Re: Simblee - optimal GPIO pin selection
« Last post by LulaNord on April 18, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »
Hi...as per my knowledge any issues with pin utilization. We have no idea how the pins are actually routed within the modules so just have to trust they are layed out well. The nRF5 pins are redefinable to make your board layout design easier. Well, except for the analog ones are fixed. And your right about wanting to keep GPIO[0-1] reserverd for programming.
Support / Re: Simblee GZLL performs worse than RFduino GZLL?
« Last post by mjkuwp94 on April 14, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »
hi, sorry for the delay in responding.  We had a family vacation this week and for once I didn't bring the hardware with me  ;)

With this

Code: [Select]
SimbleeCOM.mode = LOW_LATENCY; //new
  SimbleeCOM.begin();

There is a difference.  At 8ms gap between packets being sent I can now employ an ACK from the host to the device and the packets come through at 8ms intervals for the most part.  In one test there was a 16ms gap for one data point. The times were:

(...,8,8,16,1,6,9,8,8,...) ms

and no packets are lost
I modified the Python script so that both Device and Host could send data to the uart to be timed.  With this method it seems like the packets are recieved 11ms after they are sent.  I realize using a UART is not a great way to check timing so my next step is to work out a scheme with the GPIO pins so I can track the timing of the specific packets.  I think the SimbleeCOM protocol will work well for me - thanks!
Support / Re: Force 4 byte alignment
« Last post by blieber on April 13, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
Using __attribute__((packed)) seems to work as suggested here https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=78026.0
Support / Force 4 byte alignment
« Last post by blieber on April 13, 2017, 01:47:42 PM »
It seems the default Simblee compiler (under tools in install package - arm-none-eabi-g++, mac OSX, Simblee board version 1.1.0) is 8-byte aligned. Is there a way to force 4-byte alignment instead (e.g. such as "-m32" flag). This would be convenient for memory compaction purposes.

Thanks,
Ben
Support / Communication problems using the GZLL protocol
« Last post by damals58 on April 11, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »
Hi RFduino-friends, :)

i using the GZLL protocol for the communication to RFduino. I have 6 Devices (Rfd77201) and 1 Host (Rfd22301). If I used only one device, the devices work without problems.

But when I use multiple devices at the same time, it works well for about 15-20 minutes till the Connection error.

What can be the Problem? Are six devices at the same time to much?

Best regards

damals58

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10