Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Support / Re: Exploring inside of the Simblee
« Last post by tolson on Today at 07:36:27 AM »
It is not a lid like on the previous part. It is molded. So unless you are adept and trained at the art of reverse semiconductor engineering it will be challenging.  What you will find is the die version of the Nordic part. Two crystals, a smaller chip antenna and misc. passives. A pretty impressive hybrid package engineering feat.
Support / Exploring inside of the Simblee
« Last post by cat on Today at 02:49:01 AM »
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has tried to remove the casing of Simblee and see what is inside it? Just like RFduino, if you remove the metallic cover you can see NRF51822, crystal oscillator and some capacitors.
Also is it possible to remove Simblee's casing without damaging internal components?

Thanks.
Videos/Guides/Tutorials / Re: RFduino Cheat Card
« Last post by Somerled on January 20, 2018, 08:33:46 PM »
I have made those changes and was able to reduce the file size to 106kb! at the cost of resolution yet it still is fine enough for print.
Kevin
General Project/Programming Guidance / Re: Getting values from BLE
« Last post by martin7743 on January 20, 2018, 10:51:58 AM »
I do not know the tool you are using, but if you are awaiting a 4 byte float value, your 4 byte hex values "00 80 ee 43" with the most promising endian variant gives me a decimal value of 477.
It's not your mentioned 487, but take a hex to float converter and check again if that's the miracle behind your problem.

Best regards,
Martin
General Project/Programming Guidance / Getting values from BLE
« Last post by davidgs on January 18, 2018, 01:32:47 PM »
I've been playing with this for a while, and I can't seem to find the right solution.

I have a SenseAir k30 CO2 sensor hooked to my RFDuino, and it does a reasonable job of handling that. I get correct readings on the RFDuino Console.

The problem comes when I try to send those values to a connected device.

Code: [Select]
float co2Value = readCO2();
  if (co2Value > 0)
  {
    Serial.print("CO2 Value: ");
    Serial.println(co2Value);
    RFduinoBLE.sendFloat(co2Value);   
  }

Works fine, and if I connect to the RFDuino using the RFDuino Temperature iPhone app -- I modified it and rebuilt it to just display the value received -- it gets the right data.

Here's the thing though. I need to get the values from a Linux box.

root@pine64:~# gatttool -b C1:C4:E4:05:14:95 -t random --char-read  --handle=0x000e
Characteristic value/descriptor: 00 80 ee 43
root@pine64:~#

so that's
[0, 128, 238, 67]
But the actual reading is 487. Simply adding up the numbers gets me 433, so I'm missing something about how to handle this output. 
Videos/Guides/Tutorials / Re: RFduino Cheat Card
« Last post by tolson on January 17, 2018, 09:04:42 AM »
Change RFDuino to RFduino.

The FACTORY pin is SWD for those that want to do JTAG.

Would be nice to reduce file size down from 800kB+.

Otherwise, purty.
Production Application Guidance / Lenovo Tab 4 8 Doesn't find any Simblees
« Last post by MaMikee on January 13, 2018, 06:03:23 PM »
Just bought this for testing.  Running Android 7.1.1, Hardware Tablet TB-8504F Kernel 3.18.31

I have 2 Simblees running here, it finds neither of them using the Simblee for Mobile app.

If I go to the Bluetooth settings, it sees them both.  What gives?

Thanks
Videos/Guides/Tutorials / RFDuino Cheat Card
« Last post by Somerled on January 12, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »
Hello.  I have been working with arduino for a few years now and always found the cheat sheets from the web to be very helpful.  I made this one from cut and paste of other based on the chips (nRF51822) pinout and posts in the forum.  For the most part it is just a collection of data from various sources.  Please let me know if there are any mistakes or changes you would like to see.
Thank you,
Kevin
Getting Started / Re: RF duino conection to Labview in windows
« Last post by GLeMunyan on January 11, 2018, 06:12:17 AM »
Trying to connect  a RFDUINO with LabVIEW with no success. Realize this post is old. I have a RFDUINO broadcasting temperature data and running an iPhone app. Has anyone got this to work. Neither this forum or the National instruments forum has shown solutions
Hi Nelson,

thanks for your reply!
Your example works and I realized that my current measurment setup was the cause for the confusing behaviour I wrote in the last posts. I was not aware, that the "SimbleeCOM.begin()" is drawing a current of approx. 16mA! My shunt resistor was too high which caused undervoltage. So I have to apologize for the wrong and missleading current measurements and conclusions in the last posts!

But my initial question is still valid.
I have now tested SimbleeCOM and it seems that it is a must, to have SimbleeCOM.begin() called and it is not possible to have a working SimbleeCOM_onReceive() callback during Simblee_ULPDelay(). Which by the way would reduce the current only from 16mA to 13mA.

So my new formulation of the question:
Is it possible to have a listening SimbleeCOM callback with current draw <<1mA ?
If not with your current api, maybe with some low level "hacks"?

Best regards,
Martin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything