Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I can not imagine what I would have come across, but it was good.
Hello lsnyman,

The Simblee for Mobile Android application cannot currently maintain a connection when focus is lost from the app. During an OTA update, the Simblee for Mobile app will be disconnected anyways, as advertising stops, then continues as DfuTarg. In OTA, even if the app could maintain the connection when focus is lost, OTA would break that connection.

I hope this explains the reasoning behind the app disconnection.

Thanks,

Nelson
Support / Re: Cant get SimbleeCloud Service to work
« Last post by tolson on September 18, 2017, 11:45:57 AM »
Yes, Inquiring minds would like to know !! I would like to see complete written theory API instructions on this subject. Step by step instructions to follow don't sink in for me either. I need the layout.
Support / Cant get SimbleeCloud Service to work
« Last post by AKotowski on September 18, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »
I have the Simblee example ButtonFlashModule working and can see the results on the ButtonFlash html page.  But when I try to route through a Simbleeservice their is no connection.  I have tried using the simblee service page  https://service.simbleecloud.com/, a server on my lan (192.1168.0.08) as well as trying to route this through the internet.  Are there any requirements or secrets for using a service?

A Kotowski
Support / Re: Simblee supply issues?
« Last post by RFD_Patty on September 15, 2017, 06:07:22 PM »
The Simblee module is now RED compliant, certification has just completed

Due to increasing demand, we are now quoting Simblee at 12-14 week delivery.    Production is ramping up and we are working to improve lead times and restock distributors.   We will update when we have more news.

Place your order with your favorite authorized distributor to get in queue.
Suggestions / SimbleForMobile
« Last post by AKotowski on September 14, 2017, 10:16:37 AM »
I would like to see SFM be more robust with respect to user errors.  Currently SFM locks up for many conditions without any clue as to what is wrong.  I have learned:

1.) Dont call   SimbleeForMobile.process() too often
2.) Dont update screen elements when the phone is not connected
3.) Dont update screen elements for a screen that is no longer being displayed
4.) Elements drawn after   SimbleeForMobile.endScreen() may not display

Thanks

A Kotowski

Suggestions / SimbleForMobile Data acquisition
« Last post by AKotowski on September 14, 2017, 10:07:25 AM »
I would like to see SFM have the capability of writing data to the phone mass storage.  This would provide an end to end data acquisition solution without requiring the development of a complex IoT multi web page system.
« Last post by tolson on September 14, 2017, 07:21:16 AM »
Dang! I do not know what is going on. None of the four main suppliers have any stock. Nor does SparkFun which has been the best source for information on using the Simblee.

Could be some big company finally went into production on something really cool and sucked up all the inventory, although I would have expected that big of a deal would be done factory direct. But I am not privy to what is going on behind the scenes.

Hopefully Mouser will get resupplied first as they have the best price for small quantities.

« Last post by martin7743 on September 14, 2017, 06:43:40 AM »
Hi,

I have just encountered the same problem.
Suddenly the stock count at mouser went from 2800 or so to 0! From one day to the other.
Digi-Key 0 too, since end of August.
RS-Online 0.

There must be a bigger problem!
Maybe a product recall?

Has anyone more info?

Hopefully Simblee is not discontinued!

Best regards,
Martin
Support / Simblee supply issues?
« Last post by jetty on September 07, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
RFD77101 is out of stock at Digikey and Mouser.  Digikey is claiming they ordered, were promised in March and are still awaiting delivery.
Mouser has placed a new order and is estimating 13th October

Having just decided to use this for a project, it appears the stock is now gone and there are restocking issues.

Can anyone shed light on if this product is being discontinued, or if Heptagon is unable to keep up with supply?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything